Greggs Shift Leaders are at the heart of the team supporting with the management of the shop at key times of the day.
You would be looking after the shop for a few hours a day, either at opening or closing time so your role is invaluable to your manager.
When opening the shop you’ll be working with the team to ensure our much loved products are ready for our customers and the shop is set up to the highest standard. This is where your passion to deliver a fantastic shopping experience for our customers comes in.
A close down shift means getting the shop ready for the next day; cleaning, stock counting and cashing up. You’ll have a natural flair for team work whilst enjoying a little extra responsibility.
You’ll fit right into the Greggs family if you’re not afraid of hard work and enjoy some fun at work. Some supervisory experience always comes in handy although not essential.
Everyone in our family values hard work, commitment and a flexible approach to working hours. Working 5 days per week – Typical shifts are 6am to 11pm and 1pm to 6.30pm
To be able to:
- Serve customers in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Prepare a variety food items to the highest standards, in order to meet customer demand.
- Ensuring that all areas of the shop and food products are displayed in a clean, tidy and attractive manner.
- Seeking to maximise the sales and profitability of their store.
- Working collaboratively with their Shop Manager and other Team Members and providing managerial support to the shop management team.
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Other benefits include:
- Weekly paid
- Overtime available
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme